Firefighters deal with blaze at commercial property in Columbus Ravine, Scarborough

Two teams of firefighters were called out to deal with a blaze at a building in Scarborough yesterday.

By Sarah Fitton
Thursday, 16th July 2020, 9:10 am
Updated Thursday, 16th July 2020, 9:12 am

The crews from Scarborough were deployed to the commercial property in Columbus Ravine at 10.17am to reports of a fire in a laundry cupboard.

It caused fire, heat and smoke damage to a TV amplifier aerial, wooden shelving and some household linens.

The fire was out on arrival. The cause is believed to be accidental.

Sign up to our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter


A message from the editor

Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.

In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.

Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the highest standards in the world. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers and consequently the advertising that we receive. We are now more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news by buying a copy of our newspaper.

Thank you

Jean MacQuarrie