Kitchen fire at Scarborough house causes smoke damage

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in Scarborough yesterday.

By Sarah Fitton
Wednesday, 2nd December 2020, 9:24 am
Updated Wednesday, 2nd December 2020, 9:28 am

North Yorkshire Fire Service said "something" had been left on top of a hob which had then caught fire at the house on Maple Drive at 10.57am.

Sign up to our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter

The fire burnt itself out but caused damage to the hob, extractor and there was smoke damage to the kitchen.

Crews used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots and isolated the electrics to the extractor fan and oven. They also fitted smoke alarms.

Firefighters were called out yesterday.