Take a walk down memory lane with these 21 things from the town's past. For more of our nostalgic pictures, click here to see photos from nights out back in 2011 and 2012.
Mr Blobby, Batman and Robin and even a human pyramid could all be seen skiing on the lake in Peasholm Park putting on a show for spectators.
The go-to shop for toys closed its doors in 2016 after 40 years trading.
Open between 1969 and 1984, the zoo was home to many exotic animals including dolphins, sea lions, a snake pit, an elephant, wolves and bear cubs. It became Mr Marvels amusement park.
It was a sad day in 2008 when the national chain went into administration and the store in town closed its doors for the final time.
Some of the biggest names in British show business entertained there including Barbara Windsor and Kirsten Cook. It was closed in 1987 and is now the site of the Alexandra Bowls Club.
The club, on the top floor of Lloyds in St Nicholas Street, was open from 1969 to 1982. Bands to play the venue between 1969 and 1979 include The Sex Pistols, Status Quo, David Bowie and the Hype and Motorhead.
Whether with school, guides, scouts or family, a visit to Kinderland was a highlight for most children in Scarborough. It closed in 2007, the space is now partly Alpamare Water park.
From its opening in 1925, many nights were enjoyed in the Corner Cafe where entertainment, food and drinks were available. It was demolished in 2007 for the Sands development, though it closed several years earlier.
The clubs of the 1990s/2000s such as Boleyns, Mansion and Vivaz have all gone leaving the town without a nightclub.
The demolition of The Futurist was a controversial decision in the town as many wanted to see the theatre to be restored. Flamingo Land is now the preferred developer for the new site.
Now the casino stands in this place but the Grand Opera House staged shows for many years, and was a different theatre before then.
The lift was active from 1930 to 1996 on the corner opposite what is now The Sans development.
The boat is now located on Scarborough Harbour but previously did tours of the Mere until the early 90s.
Sure we have Netflix and Amazon Prime now but there was something exciting about going to pick out a film on a Friday evening and posting it back through a few days later.
Replaced by the Everyone Active Sports Village, the Indoor Pool on Ryndle Crescent was where many children in Scarborough learned to swim over the 43-years it was open.
Though we cant go to the pictures in this beautiful building anymore, we can still enjoy it at the Bingo.
It might seem unlikely now, but up until the 70s Boyes flagship store was home to three monkeys - the most well-known of which was Jacko.
Designed by Harry W. Smith, who also designed Peasholm Park, the outdoor pool behind the Spa provided fun for generations of residents and tourists before closing in 1989.
Scarboroughs land train ran from Foreshore Road and took passengers around the headland, along Marine Drive to Atlantis water park.
Originally opened in 1938 as the North Bay Bathing Pool, many people have fond memories of summers at Atlantis. It was closed in 2007 and the site is now under development.
The short-lived Millennium Museum, described as a time travel experience, was on South Bay and depicted 1,000 years of Scarboroughs history. The attraction opened in May 1993, but closed in 2001.