Proceeds of sale used to open Anne Wright Ward at Scarborough Hospital
Picture shows the Cottage Hospital, Spring Bank, Falsgrave which was founded by Mrs Anne Wright, a local philanthropic lady and was built in 1870.
The initial accommodation was for 25 beds but in 1878 a new wing was added, which provided space for a further 25 beds. In 1885 the hospital was converted into a convalescent home. When the hospital finally closed the money from the sale was used to open the Anne Wright Ward at the newly built Scarborough Hospital in Scalby Road. For reprints telephone 0330 1230203 and quote YRN-190901-083643050.