Scarborough fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
Firefighters were called out yesterday afternoon when a chip pan caught fire and got out of hand.
Fire crews from Scarborough rushed to Albemarle Back Road yesterday afternoon after an unattended chip pan set fire to a flat kitchen at about 3pm.
The resident had thrown a fire blanket over the blaze but it was still alight when firefighters arrived.
The fire caused significant damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the rest of the flat.
Dog walker 'repeatedly bitten' and assaulted during altercation near Scarborough's Peasholm Park
Man kicked in the head and assaulted during attack on popular Cinder Track in Scarborough
Cyclists warned of danger to public after 40 stopped in Scarborough town centre
Thieves target Dalby Forest coffee business for second time in four months with high-value coffee machine and stock stolen again
Person in distress brought to safety at Malton after A64 closed for hours
The occupier was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation.
Crews used two breathing apparatus sets, one hose reel jet, an aerial ladder platform, thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan.