Scarborough house damaged as chip pan catches fire

The kitchen of a house in Scarborough was damaged by a chip pan fire.

By Sarah Fitton
Sunday, 11th October 2020, 4:37 pm
Updated Sunday, 11th October 2020, 4:42 pm

Firefighters from Scarborough were called to put out the flames at the home in Eastfield at 5.40pm on Friday.

The house's occupant was checked over by paramedics.

Around half the kitchen was damaged by the fire and there was also heat and smoke damage throughout the rest of the house.

l

A message from the editor

Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.

In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.

Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the highest standards in the world. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers and consequently the advertising that we receive. We are now more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news by buying a copy of our newspaper.

Thank you

Jean MacQuarrie

Editor-in-Chief