The Scarborough News exclusively broke the news on Wednesday that George Pindar School had blacklisted “dangerous” bags of Dorito Roulette.
The action came after pupil Beth Laybourn was left breathless after eating the super spicy snacks.
Her story has since featured in almost every national paper - and even graced the front of The Sun.
The 14-year-old thought she was going to die after suffering a violent reaction to the hot crisps.
Each bag contains several flavours, most mild, although a handful of crisps are covered in an invisible chilli which is ten times hotter than a jalapeño.
She feared the spice was going to lead to a full-blown asthma attack.
The incident prompted the school to warn parents against the snack, while a Doritos spokesperson said: “We do warn people to expect a seriously spicy experience with Doritos Roulette and we make this clear on the pack and in adverts.”