Southern toll house on Scarborough's Marine Drive
A carriage approaches the southern toll house on Scarborough's Marine Drive on its way to Sandside and the south bay area.
During the Second World War the Marine Drive tolls were suspended. After the war the pedestrian toll was never resumed and the vehicle toll was abolished on December 5 1950.
Photo reproduced courtesy of the Max Payne collection. For reprints telephone 0330 1230203 and quote reference number YRN-180713-143619050.