Here's when rain is set to hit Scarborough as storm forecast to sweep the country
The spell of warm, dry weather we've been enjoying is set to be interrupted.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms which covers Scarborough and much of England.
They say: "Some places are likely to see thunderstorms later Wednesday through to Friday with the potential for travel disruption and flooding."
A yellow weather warning means:
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
This is what the local forecast is saying for Scarborough over the next 24 hours:
Wednesday June 16 into Thursday June 17
5pm - 10pm
Conditions will stay dry this evening and skies will be clear and sunny.
Sunset is schedules for 9.38pm.
It will be a warm evening with temperatures sitting around 23°C until 8pm when they will drop slightly to 20°C.
Wind speeds are fairly low but begin to pick up from 9pm onwards.
10pm - 7am
Overnight will be cloudy but dry, with the chance of rain sitting at 10 per cent from 2am to 7am.
The sunrise is at 4.27am.
Temperatures will sit steadily around 15°C.
Wind speeds of 17-18mph will be felt all night.
7am - 10am
The cloud will last until 9am when the chance of rain significantly rises.
The forecast is for rain for the rest of the morning.
Temperatures stay relatively high at 14°C and wind speeds built to 19mph.
10am - 2pm
The rain is set to continue into the afternoon with temperatures sticking at 14°C.
Wind speeds begin to drop slightly from 12pm onwards.
2pm - 5pm
The rain is set to ease off from 3pm and temperatures rise to 15°C.
Wind speeds will also continue to drop down to 10mph by 5pm.
The sun is scheduled to return at 6pm and will continue amognst patched of cloud into the night.