Woman hospitalised after gas leak in Norton

Fire crews rescued a woman yesterday afternoon as she was hospitalised due to a gas leak at a house in Norton.

Friday, 26th March 2021, 10:42 am
Updated Friday, 26th March 2021, 10:54 am

Malton firefighters found the woman collapsed on the kitchen floor where a gas hob and oven had been left on at a house on Parliament Street, Norton at 3.39pm.

The woman was carried out by fire crews and was taken to hospital by ambulance.

Firefighters then isolated the gas and ventilated the house using breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation fan.

Firefighters rescued the woman yesterday afternoon.
Firefighters rescued the woman yesterday afternoon.