Whirlpool has recalled a range of gas hobs following the discovery of a fault which could result in emissions of carbon monoxide.
The stainless steel, built-in gas hobs in question have the model number AKM 274/IX, and were manufactured between September 2014 and March 2016.
To find out if your hob is affected by the recall, the model number can be determined either from the instruction manual or, if access is possible, it will be visible on the rating plate underneath the hob.
If access is not possible then consumers should firstly check if it is constructed from stainless steel material and 60cm wide with four gas burners.
It will also have controls on the right-hand side, cast iron pan supports, and a black ignition button in the bottom right corner. Also, the Whirlpool logo will be embossed (slightly raised) in the bottom right corner by the control knobs.
Whirlpool state that: "Due to a technical issue in manufacturing, these appliances were produced with the wrong type of gas injector in the front left corner.
"The front left burner may emit levels of carbon monoxide above EU standards which could, in very rare usage conditions, present a low risk of adverse health effects through inhalation.
"There have been no reported incidents involving these products. Investigations have confirmed that the issue does not present a risk of fire or explosion."
The manufacturer have also pointed out that any model already converted to LPG gas is not affected.
If you have an affected appliance Whirlpool advises not to use the burner in the front left corner until it has been modified by a Whirlpool engineer.
All other burners are unaffected and may continue to be used as normal in the meantime.
All consumers who own this appliance should visit https://www.whirlpoolservice.co.uk/safety-notice or contact Whirlpool?s customer care team on 0800 316 3885 to check if the model number (and serial number) of their appliance is involved in this product safety campaign.
Consumers can select a convenient time for an engineer to visit their home free-of-charge.