Boro Under-13s net cup win

Scarborough Athletic Under-13s started their first round Plate Competition encounter against Brandesburton the brighter of the two teams.

Thursday, 1st December 2016, 9:19 am
Updated Tuesday, 6th December 2016, 3:27 pm
Boro junior round-up

They were rewarded when a Charlie Wright through-ball found Nathan Dolphin, who drove forward, holding off a challenge to slot home his first goal.

Dolphin soon got a second when a parried shot fell to him and he finished from close range.

Scarborough continued to dominate possession and quickly added a third goal.

Just inside the box the ball fell to Aaron Dixon to hit a sweet trademark half-volley, leaving the away keeper no chance.

Oliver Hesketh finished the half with a neat run passing two players and coolly shooting in to make it 4-0 at half-time.

The second half started much the same when a great passing move from Scarborough ended in Freddy Lockey playing a superb ball through for Dolphin to slot home and get his hat-trick.

Scarborough scored a sixth and final goal when a great Jamie Dennis run and cross found Dolphin, but the keeper could not hold on to his header and Joe Wood was on hand to slot it home to round things off at 6-0 to Boro.

Boro Under-14s pushed Hull United Reds all the way but lost out 1-0 in the KO Cup Plate at Bramcote.

In a tight first half Boro keeper Kian Heblich made a key double save early on to prevent the visitors opening the scoring.

The Boro youngsters came close as a free-kick from Aaron Dixon curled just wide and a corner from the left was nearly turned in by Athletic striker Ethan Daley-Smith after a goalmouth scramble.

The only goal of the game came shortly into the second half as a long ball forward took a wicked deflection right into the path of the Hull United forward to race away from the Boro defence and fire into the back of the net.

An equaliser nearly arrived from a superb Josh Mann free-kick from 30 yards that crashed against the crossbar and away.

Despite a late Boro rally, it was the visitors who made it through to the next round.

Scarborough Athletic Under-15s beat Courts FC in their Hull Youth Football League KO Cup quarter-final by 4-0.

The Athletic goals were scored by Jaydan Hindle, an own goal, Zam Deans and Nathan Vidler.

The result however was secondary to a serious leg injury suffered by Athletic striker Hindle which caused the abandonment of the game midway through the second half.

Thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery go to Jaydan from all at Scarborough Athletic.

Boro Under-16s travelled to Howden AFC for their quarter-final tie in the KO Cup.

Both sides made a bright start and it was a very competitive opening 15 minutes with both sides creating chances.

But it was Boro who opened the scoring on the 20-minute mark when some neat play down the left saw James Skelton whip in a pinpoint cross finding Sam Pattison on the far post to fire home from close-range.

Howden nearly forced an equaliser just before half-time when a neat chip forced an excellent save from keeper Tom Cammish just managing to tip the ball onto the bar and the retreating defender hooked the ball to safety to ensure Boro led 1-0 at half-time

Howden started the second half well and scored a deserved equaliser from a corner with a towering header from their centre-forward.

The home side nearly found themselves in front when a superb long-range effort struck the crossbar and came straight back into the arms of Boro keeper Tom Cammish.

This seemed to kick start Boro and within 10 minutes they were back in front with two quickfire goals.

The first was another great move down the left which saw James Skelton power a shot from the edge of the box past the Howden keeper.

Boro were now piling on the pressure and quickly found a third as an unstoppable strike by Sam Pattison nestled in the top corner of the net to give Boro some breathing space.

Scarborough were now creating a number of excellent chances, the best of which was a great Tom Brackenbury effort which hit the bar.

Howden forced a late consolation goal, but Scarborough held out for a deserved win and a place in the semi-final draw.