Itis Itis secure 4-0 win at Saturday League leaders West Pier

Saturday reportsSaturday reports
Saturday reports
Itis Itis Rovers claimed a 4-0 win at Scarborough Saturday League Division One leaders West Pier to boost their own title challenge.

Itis Itis went ahead after 20 minutes through a Jack Ramos header, and Sam Pickard doubled their lead shortly afterwards with a clever chipped effort over the Pier keeper.

Within a couple of minutes of the restart Neil Forsyth made it 3-0 despite protests of an offside from the home team.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Pier's day got even worse three minutes later as Neil Thomas was dismissed for a second bookable offence.

Ramos completed the scoring and wrapped up a crucial win for Rovers.

Itis Itis manager Jordan Lee said: "The boys were absolutely fantastic today, they managed the game really well, especially in the first half playing into the wind.

"Having said that, Pier never really got going and struggled to break us down. Man of the match for us was captain Jack Ramos."

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Edgehill also remain in the title hunt after a dramatic 5-4 win at fellow high-flyers Newlands.

A defensive error from Edgehill allowed Newlands to go in front after only two minutes but Robbie Scarborough levelled after 15 minutes from an acute angle.

Sixteen-year-old Connor Avison then scored when a ball dropped to him in the penalty box on the 20-minute mark.

Newlands equalised through Liam Salt's deflected effort after 35 minutes.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Five minutes before the interval Newlands were reduced to 10 men when Liam Mancrief was sent off for talking back to the ref.

Edgehill took full advantage of their extra man to regain the lead at 3-2 through a Joe Gallagher header and 10 minutes later Kieran Link's fine finish from just inside the 18-yard area evaded the Newlands keeper.

Gallagher's second, on 73 minutes, was a breakaway goal after a corner, the Edgehill man slamming his shot into the roof of the net.

Newlands refused to give in though, as the 10-man hosts scored on 80 minutes when Dan Freer cut inside from left and finished neatly.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Five minutes later Salt headed home a corner to make a tense last five minutes for Edgehill, but Steve Clegg's team held on for the win.

Central midfielder Ryan Link and centre-back Ricky Nock excelled for Edgehill.

Seamer romped to a 5-1 win at Filey Town.

Gaz Lawton scored the first for Seamer at the far post early on and Ali Caw added a second before half-time.

Danny Glendinning made it three early in the second half, and the striker added another soon after before Caw also completed his brace after good work from Kris Tate.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The Seamer team shared the man of the match award as it was a great all-round display.

Hunmanby United eased to a 3-0 win at Scalby.

Goals from former Scalby player Taylor Jordan and James Pinder put United in charge at the interval and Olly Milner added a third in the second half.

Ryan Baldry was named as Hunmanby man of the match for a commanding display in his first game in goal.

Edgehill Reserves battled back from 2-1 down to claim a 4-2 home success against Eastfield Athletic.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The Division Two leaders opened the scoring when Jake Moore lobbed the keeper, but Athletic made a flying start to the second half and surged into a 2-1 lead thanks to goals from new signing Tommy Day's fine solo effort and an excellent curling shot from Adam Martin.

In the final 20 minutes the hosts stepped up a gear and levelled through Jake Reeves, took the lead through Reuben Staveley's volley and confirmed the win thanks to a superb solo goal from Moore, who took the ball past four Eastfield players before slamming a shot into the top corner of the net.

Sixteen-year-old Josh Pickin was Edgehill man of the match in his first start for the pacesetters.

Eastfield's man of the match was centre-back Mark Marsden in what was possibly their best performance of the season so far, with every player impressing for the visitors.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Scalby Reserves' superb second-half show saw them dig deep for an 8-1 win at Goal Sports.

Player-manager Mark Plumpton put the home side ahead in the first half with a stunning 35-yard free-kick, Dan Virr levelling for the villagers.

Virr added another two after the break as Scalby ran riot, with George Wilson also notching a hat-trick and Sam Foy hitting two.

Josh Scott was Scalby's star man while man of the match for Goal Sports was left-back Aaron Padgham.

Cayton Athletic earned a 2-0 win at Snainton.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Ryan Somers put the depleted visitors ahead late in the first half from the penalty spot after Luke Priestly was brought down.

Priestly scored the crucial second goal midway through the second half after being put through by Luke Jenkinson's header.

Athletic only had 11 available and everyone played a part so the man of the match award was shared among the team.

Jack Brown was man of the match for a home side who had plenty of chances but strong Cayton defending kept them at bay.

Seamer Sports Reserves won 3-1 at home to Eastfield Town.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Aaron Holdsworth scored the first goal for the home side, then Benny Davis added a second direct from a corner after half-time.

Town pulled a goal back but Tyler McMahon's header sealed the win for Seamer.

Dan Jewitt and Cam Greatorex stood out in defence for the victors.

Related topics: