Kittrick frustrated by FA Cup exit

Scarborough Athletic boss Steve Kittrick remains a frustrated man after Saturday's FA Cup exit at Tadcaster Albion.

By The Newsroom
Monday, 22nd August 2016, 10:41 am
Updated Monday, 22nd August 2016, 11:44 am
Steve Kittrick
Steve Kittrick

Not only was Kittrick hurt by the fact that Boro crumbled to allow Tadcaster a 3-2 home win, but he is still reeling from the horrific injury to Liam Ormsby in the latter stages of the match.

Ormsby is currently waiting to discover the severity of the injury that came from a very late Lewis Morgan challenge in the latter stages of the game.

It has been confirmed that Ormsby has chipped a bone in his ankle, but he could also have broken his leg and suffered ligament damage.

The referee gave Morgan a yellow card, though he admitted to Kittrick that he should have gone one further and sent off the Tadcaster man.

"I admire the referee for saying that, but it doesn't help us," said Kittrick.

"It is ok apologising to us, but have you seen the lad's leg.

"Also, these are the kind of decisions that affect a game and a season.

"If he was sent off then both sides would have been down to 10 men and I would have been confident that we'd have got the draw and taken them back to our place for the replay.

"We would have still been in the cup and in with a shout of making it through to play Pontefract in the next round and possibly progressing from there.

"The referee made a game-changing decision, though he wasn't helped by his linesman, who should have had a word and said that it was a very, very bad challenge."

Kittrick has been left totting up his increasing injury problems, as Ormsby now joins Jamie Price, Duran Reynolds, Paul Robson, Matty Bloor and Alhassane Keita on the treatment table.

Benny Igiehon also kicked off a three-match suspension last weekend.

Kittrick added: "Pricey and Bloory might be back for next weekend, but the rest of the lads could be out for a while.

"If we had all those players in our starting line-up on Saturday then it would have been a very different game of football.

"After going two goals up we would have had the game management and the experience to see it out.

"In the end they came back at us in the second half, we made mistakes for the goals, defended too deep, gave the ball away, and now we are out of the FA Cup."