Scarborough Athletic chairman Trevor Bull awaiting further details on Government funding package

Scarborough Athletic chairman Trevor Bull is awaiting further details on Government funding package after admitting the club have yet to receive any official correspondence on how the cash could help them.

By Daniel Gregory
Friday, 20th November 2020, 12:23 pm
Updated Friday, 20th November 2020, 1:10 pm
Boro chairman Trevor Bull

A £300million Sport Winter Survival Package was announced by the Government on Thursday, with the bulk of which will be largely composed of loans.

Football has been allocated £28 million of that £300 million package, broken down into three categories, with Boro likely to be given a share of the £14 million for steps three to six.

However, Bull admits the club are yet to hear anything officially regards the funding and how it will be allocated or repaid.

Sign up to our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter

"All we've seen so far is the official announcements from the Government so far," said Bull.

"We're awaiting further information to see how it affects us going forward.

"Things are happening fairly quickly at the moment so I am sure we will hear something on this soon."

After announcing the funding package on Thursday, Oliver Dowden, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, said: "Sports clubs are the beating hearts of their communities, and this £300 million boost will help them survive this difficult winter period.

"We promised to stand by sports when we had to postpone fans returning. We are doing just that by delivering another £300 million on top of existing business support schemes.

"Britain is a sports powerhouse, and this Government will do everything we can to help our precious sports and clubs make it through covid."