New date announced for Spring Cup meeting at Oliver's Mount

The date for the Spring Cup meeting at Oliver's Mount has been changed to May 22 and 23 as organisers look to allow fans into the event in line with the Government's Roadmap announcement.

Tuesday, 23rd February 2021, 4:14 pm
The date of the Spring Cup meeting has been changed.

Organisers Oliver's Mount Racing said on their Facebook page: "We are very pleased to see the Government outline plans to exit the current lockdown and due to the fantastic efforts of the NHS to rollout the vaccines at breakneck speed this should be a one way journey out of lockdown for good.

"The 2021 Spring Cup was planned for 8th/9th May. It is now clear that spectators will not be allowed to attend that event, and the event itself would most likely not be allowed either under the proposed Step 2 restrictions.

"The Spring Cup will now be re-scheduled to 22nd/23rd May, which will hopefully put the event into Step 3 and a restricted crowd will be allowed. This will still be subject to Government sticking to the planned date of 17th May to go into Step 3 and could still be subject to change.

"Given that we now know The Spring Cup will be restricted crowd numbers, it will be a limited number of advanced ticket sales only, with no admission on the day. You can book your Spring Cup tickets now with our ticketing partner, Duke, on this link https://www.dukevideo.com/.../Olivers-Mount-Spring-Cup... or by calling our ticket line on 01723-333322.

"If you have already bought tickets for The Spring Cup and cannot attend the new dates, please call Duke on 01723-333322 to request a refund, or to move your tickets to a future event.

"There are no plans to change the dates of our other events at this time, but we will be guided by the latest Government announcements. The Barry Sheene Classic meeting in particular could see a slight date change if it means we can run with an unrestricted crowd, but we are not in a position to take that decision at this time.

"We apologise for the inconvenience, but hopefully all will understand that the announcement yesterday made it clear that The Spring Cup cannot be run on the intended date of 8th/9th May, so the only options were to reschedule it, or cancel it altogether and we all really want to see some racing as soon as possible don’t we."